What’s On at St Peter and St Paul’s
- Weds 3rd : Crafty Coffee and Cake Club 10-12noon in the Village Hall
- Sun 7th: Holy Communion 9.30;
- Sunday 10th: Crafty Coffee and Cake Club 10-12noon in the Village Hall
- Sun 14th : Special Service (see above) 3.00pm
- Weds 17th : Art Club, 10.00 Village Hall
- Weds 24th : Crafty Coffee and Cake Club 10-12noon in the Village Hall;
- Sunday 27th : Messy Church in the Village Hall
- Weds 7th : Crafty Coffee and Cake Club 10-12 noon in the Village Hall
- Friday 9th: Remembrance Service, in the church 7pm
- Weds 14th : Crafty Coffee and Cake Club 10-12 noon in the Village Hall;
- Weds 21st : Art Club, 10.00 Village Hall
- Sun 25th: Messy Church 1.30 – 3.00pm, Village Hall
- Weds 28th : Crafty Coffee and Cake Club 10-12 noon in the Village Hall
Work on the church is due to start very soon now, beginning with the treatment of the dry rot in the Lady Chapel. So, even though the official lottery conservation doesn’t begin until January, you may see the church doors closed unexpectedly for reasons of health and safety. Throughout the process, which will take a couple of years, whenever the contractors deem it safe, the doors will be opened as usual for people to visit, and enjoy our lovely church. The building may have to be closed, but the church remains at the heart and the use of the village.
We shall be removing the books from the book swap shelves, temporarily, during the messy parts of the work, so please, if you are a reader, get to the church for a good rummage and stock up on your reading material for the winter. When all the work is finished, having a book swap area in the café will be one of our aims.
We shall also be continuing with the clubs in the Village Hall: the Crafty Coffee and Cake Club, the Art Club and the Messy Church. Everyone is welcome. Please keep an eye on our lovely new notice board for updates on special services and other activities. This is the start of an exciting period: all the work that has gone on to get the grant and start the regeneration of the church in its physical and spiritual and community forms has now reached its goal. When the construction work is completed, the church will be ready for many more years of service to the village.
Wish us luck!